Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Special Anniversary

Today is a special date for me, and it has been for quite a few years. On this date, seventeen years, I was informed that my cancer (non-Hodgkins lymphoma) was in remission. This came about due to:

  1. 12 CAT scans
  2. 3 surgeries
  3. 4 implants
  4. 1 1/2 years of chemotherapy
  5. 34 days of radiation
  6. 1 bone marrow transplant

My father referred to all this as "a walk through Hell in a gasoline shirt", and trust me, he wasn't that far off.

What makes this day even more special is that I've outlived the number of years I was supposed to survive. They said I wasn't supposed to live past five years. Ain' t that a kick in the slats? And here I am, celebrating 17 years of life.

To a select group of you who read this -- and you know who you are -- my eternal gratitude for helping me get this far.

Here's to another 17, and another 17 after that!

Adm. Konnor

No comments:

Post a Comment