Thursday, April 18, 2013

CHUY DAH April 2013

From the XO:
As per the Captain's request, I am offering a few submissions for the Newsletter...  Where do I begin?   Okay, I got it...  Here we go..  Arm-bar, wrist-lock, ankle-lock, rear naked choke....

If those are not the submissions she was talking about, I have this to offer:
With Admiral Konnor's passing, there were some items that were given to us and are being used to rebuild the ship's archives.  To be more precise, we now have a collection of back issues of this newsletter, dating back to the very first Chuy Dah.  There was also an assortment of Tech journals & handbooks, tailor made for various Department Heads aboard this ship and they were issued accordingly.  Another item (or items) is a collection of photos from different Camp Dover's, Doomslayer Picnics and other Ship functions going back at least 15 years.  Finally, there was one last piece that was added and this one was by far my favorite..  It's an non-published short story, written by a noted Trek Author who shall remain nameless for this forum.  The story is titled "A Good Day To Live" and was written as a gift for our own Chancellor Klaad.  It is a good read.  Recently, I spoke with said author and was given permission to make copies of the story for any
 Crew-member who wants one.

Aside from the Archives, I do have some other news to report.  I am currently working on my own writing project at the moment.  It's called "Tales of the IKS Fire Blade" & it is based aboard a K'Vort Class Cruiser called the IKS Fire Blade.  You can see my work posted on the IKEF Message Board.  Also, not to long ago, I posted Part #1 of my first storyline involving this ship & crew.  'Hope you enjoy reading it as much as I've enjoyed putting it together.

What else can I report?  Oh yes...  For those who did not know, LT K'ami & I are Grandparents again, two more times over in fact.  Our daughter Anna (aka Qiana Makhleod) & her boyfriend, Jerry Nape welcomed their son, Gauge Alexander Nape into the world on December 11th, 2012.  On January 10th of this year, my son Josh (aka Qos Makhleod) & his fiance Tosha Hackney welcomed a daughter, Wynter Emmy Young.  Little miss Wynter shares a Birthday with our own Chancellor Klaad and I think she has a little spark of his fighting spirit.  At just two hours old, she was transferred from Union Hospital in Dover to Akron Childrens' Hospital due to respiratory problems.  It took a couple of days but she fought her way through and is now doing very well.

We have welcomed some new recruits over the last few months.  First, we have Ensign Tosh Makhleod who is now our new Medical XO.  It could be said that our own Cmdr. K'Ana has brought us two more.  Her son Tahd switched from the Cadet Corps to the ship's Active Roster and has been promoted to the rank of Petty Officer 3rd. Class.  A friend of the Commander's has also shown an interest and we hope to be hearing from her again soon.  We also have an Honorary member to speak of, Mr. Dale Pierce of New Philadelphia, OH.  In addition to being a scholar and a published author with at least a dozen books to his credit, he has also been a longtime friend & ally of Admiral Konnor and myself.  Even though he once said that active fandom isn't his thing, he is a kindred spirit who fits in with us better than he knows.  He shall be known to us as Thought Master Dahl'pirz Makhleod, Master Scribe & Storyteller.

This concludes the XO's report..
Cmdr. Kha'vid sutai- Makhleod
XO, IKV Doomslayer

No comments:

Post a Comment