Saturday, June 20, 2009

An associate of ours passes away

If you have a CDPC t-shirt in your collection, be it in your drawer or in your closet, chances are it was made by a gentleman named Paul Barbarcik. Paul was an associate of both the Doomslayer and the Camp Dover Peace Conference, and he saw that we had a supply of t-shirts for a number of years, always in various colors.

I learned this morning that Paul had passed away on Wednesday, June 17th at the age of 56, following a brief illness.

Many of you may not have known Paul like the Chancellor or I did, but I usually ran into him when I was out and about, be it at New Towne Mall or Wal-Mart, and 9 times out of 10 the first thing he'd ask me was "When's the next convention?" We'd chat about Trek memorabilia in one form or another or maybe the newest movie for a few minutes, and then we'd go our separate ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment